It is Fall

Is there any time of the year more inspirational than Fall?  The colors, sounds, smells... your imagination cannot help but run wild!  I bet you could write a description of what you see out your window every day in the fall, and every description would be different.  Maybe I'll have to do that some year...

One of my all time favorite books is 'In The Fall' by Jeffrey Lent.  I read it as a teenager and I was inspired by the descriptions and halting style of writing he used.  Many books have propelled me to be a better writer over the years, but this one would definitely be near the top of my list as one of the most influential.

The first proof copies for Land of My Fathers came this week.  A few formatting changes I need to make, but overall I am very excited how they turned out!  I can't wait until they are up for sale, probably just another few weeks!  I am learning so much in this process, it's just fascinating.

I think I also finally settled on a title for my next work.  I need to finish editing, but it has otherwise been done for a few years now, just sans a title.  Now that that is corrected, I hope to have it up for sale by the end of the year, I just need to design a cover now.  More details on this to follow however....

Next year I plan to focus on some other works I have and get those out for the big wide world.  As well as write some new works and get those out as well.

I have a few sales now which is incredibly exciting and affirming.  This whole process has been encouraging and vindicating that this isn't just a hobby, but someone else out there finds value in what I have done.  Now to carry on and hope others are equally as interested!

Comments

Popular Posts