A Small Step

Finally, after 14 years of dreaming, I finally have a book for sale!

I have been toying with self-publishing for a long while as I know it is incredibly difficult to traditionally publish in this day and age.  You need to be published to get published, but to get published in the first place you need to be published!  Wait what?  I finally bit the bullet, buckled in, and did a lot of editing.  Not that I haven't been editing for years now, but a full, final 'I'm going to publish this dammit!' editing.

I have been so excited all day waiting for my book to be available online!  I keep refreshing the page waiting for it to show.  When I got the email that it was ready it was incredible!  I'm working to get hardcopy paperbacks set up and ready for distribution as well, but there is something really neat about know that at least a little part of myself is out there for the world.

While I would love to become a best selling author, quit my day job, and do nothing but write for the rest of my life, I don't really hold terribly much hope that that will happen.  For me writing has always been about telling a story.  These are never my stories, the stories exist regardless of me, I was just the one lucky enough to be able to tell them.  I love telling stories about people in places, about their lives, not just a brief moment in time.

Well I hope if nothing else, my first story will be enjoyed by those who read it.  I need to work on editing a few more things I have and get those up as well.  Lots of work ahead but it is exciting.

So please, go check out what I have written, and hopefully you will find it as interesting to read as I did to write.

Comments

Popular Posts